I pulled out this fabric for my boy's bed. I first mentioned it in Week 18. It's a screenprinted linen made by Auntie Cookie. For obvious reasons the design is called "Cheater".
I cut off the selvedges, seamed up two lengths to make a wider quilt size. Then I sandwiched it with a batting and backed it with plain white linen.
I'm not a quilter, and my poor old machine doesn't have a lot of space under its arm, but with my daughter's help we got parallel lines stitched.
I then ran the overlocker around the edges to trim and neaten them.
I still have to apply a binding, probably navy blue. But that will have to wait for a week or two.
I will do a full reveal when its all finished.
In the meantime I quickly stitched up some pillow cases using fabrics from the stash.
Two of this Swedish linen Mello in a pale blue.
I stitched a secondary line around the edge to give a neat tailored finish.
I also added offwhite grosgrain ribbon closures.
Then this fabric remnant, also from Kelani Fabrics. I can't remember what its called but the colourway is a Kaffe Fassett one.
I dug the fabric boxes and found this blue stitched ribbon for the closure.
Then my daughter and I had the inspiration to do some fabric painting.
I cut this pale blue cotton knit into a short sleeved tunic top. The pattern came from one of my favourite Japanese sewing books.
Unfortunately we spilled paint on a sleeve piece, which is why it turned into a ribbon-tied sun top!
I did the first painted daisy and she completed the rest.
It was a day to dry and then I ironed the reverse to fix the paint.
I then used the overlocker to quickly assemble it. Elastic gathers the top and yellow ribbon is stitched to the shoulders.
Here she is modeling it with the white GAP shorts, she said were "too boyish" in Week 5, until we gave them a butterfly sequn embellishment.
One note to remember for next time. She wanted to do a sun on her right shoulder. But such a lot of paint applied made the fabric quite stiff and hard to gather. Next time I think it would be better to keep the applied designs to flat fabric sections.
And finally, I finished the Polly cardigan to go with the sundress from Week 6. The yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage in colour Lepidotera.
This coming week we have plans to try tie-dyeing with a some organic white cotton knit fabric. Hopefully it will become t-shirts.
I have also been knitting on the Madelinetosh pashmina yarn to make Emelie cardigan. I've made good progress on the back but as its plain stockinette its not that interesting to see.
I'll photograph it once I start the front lace panels.