Monday, May 21, 2012

Week Eighteen

We had a wonderful weekend and I got to do a lot of crafting.


The Malachite Cardigan
I kept working on the malachite green Emelie cardigan. But I am a step further with the insertion of the first sleeve.




I had unravelled the patterns instructions of the top-down, short rowed sleeve cap because I didn't like the way it sat with the armhole. So I knit upwards from the cuff and made my own sleeve cap, slowly row by row with lots of measuring. That's now sewn in (and I'm very proud of the almost invisible mattress seaming). I have clear notes and hope to replicate it for the second sleeve.


The Silk Chevron dress
I finished the cowl necked dress noted in last weeks blog entry. It is exactly as the Vogue pattern 1179 except I drafted sleeves (with a loose casual cuff). I like wearing dresses over jeans, I can feel a little bit smarter but at the same time, comfortable in jeans and low heels (for chasing after children). This is dress number four, I think the fabric choice is the most successful with jeans.



A Missoni Cushion
More chevrons when I found this leftover Missoni knit fabric in the stash. Not very much, it made a skirt in my wardrobe already. It was also a large cushion until it was damaged. This little offcut I used for a small 35cm square cushion. I was sad about the loss of the bigger cushion.
I made a simple wrap closure on the back using the chevron selvedges.



The Violin Cushion
My daughter plays violin. She's very young and last week lost her shoulder support thingy. Its a little bracket that helps her keep the violin nice and snug on her shoulder. She has Strings Ensemble practice today-- and late on a Sunday afternoon I came up with a temporary replacement for the shoulder support. Just until her proper support is found.

Its just a little padded 'teardrop' shape cushion out of this cute fabric sample. (She chose the sunglesses motif to show). There is a loop of elastic to the chin rest that stops it from slipping.


A Little Boy's Quilt
Now I have my sewing machine back (yay!) I can make a start on my boys bed quilt in the coming week. Textile artist Shannon Lamden of 'Auntie Cookie' (her online shop is in the sidebar links) made and sold me this screenprinted linen. The design is called "Cheater", its in navy on white. This weekend I bought some plain white linen for the backing from a local fabric shop.


I have some short lengths of other blue, turquoise and white fabrics for mismatched pillows. But quilt assembly first.

1 comment:

  1. You are so prolific! Love the dress and the cardi. Well done on getting the sleeves right.

    ReplyDelete