Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 142-3 : More socks and some dye

A fortnightly update because there have been unbloggable projects.

One pair of socks for my daughter finished. The yarn is Dream in Color Starry in the colour "Milky Spite" (Sprite? Although the label says spite).


Such a pretty skein with its silver sparkle and soft pastel pinks and greens. My daughter loved it. So did I.. initially.


Such a disappointment then, to see it knitted up and looking so insipid. The colour of goose-bumped skin you might say. Not a flattering topper to a little girls boot. Still.. it is a pair done for school camp, off my queue!



I used only 50% of the skein. Since I did a little dyeing this weekend, I over dyed it with purple. Its now prettier! The silver thread pops (not that my photo shows this very well) and the purple is a semisolid. I think my daughter will love another pair of socks from this.



Next I wound a lovely skein from Augustbird. The colour was a pre-order called Songbird. With much enthusiasm, I bought two.


I cast on for my daughter.

I will share this skein with my friend who has a daughter the same age and the second skein will go into stash for myself some time in the future.



I still have socks in queue. Life is still packed full of must-do and urgent tasks. Sock knitting is proving very calming.

I have fabric cut out and a range of crafts put aside for the forthcoming school holidays at the beginning of December.

I will be soap making and screen printing too. Can't wait for some freedom to get stuck in to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment