Thursday, September 25, 2014

Week 139 : New socks, a hat and sewing plans

This has been the first week of school holidays. We are taking a family holiday, within Australia, next week so the next post will be a fortnight in Week 141.


This last week I finished a hat for myself in Madtosh ASAP. The colour is Candlewick. Here is is modelled by my daughter with the assistance of her spaniel Toffee. My daughter is a shy model and wasn't really keen to be photographed today.



Very simple knit in the round on 9mm needles.




Socks are still being knitted.

I finished the Regia Landscape colours 'Storm' socks. here they are unblocked.




I have cast on the second sock of the Regia in the colour mix 'Persian Carpet'


Its very pretty and I am delighted the way the colour changes in the yarn sets up the pattern.  Its all I can do to put it aside.

I sorted though my cupboard and sorted sock yarn for the 'queue'. Especially for projects to take way with me next week.

Here are the skeins I've chosen.


From left to right: 


Above Shibui Staccato Sock in a teal, which was bought as part of a kit (with matched silk cloud yarn. I won't knit the shawl so I will use the sock and stash the lace weight)



I started two further socks.

The first was a Wollmese Pure in the colour Bluebelle. I bought three skeins of this in destash but decided it was a bit too vivid for a sweater project. Its been in stash for quite a while. I decided to wind one skein and see how it knit up.


Unfortunately I don't like the pooling. The not quite spiral, not quite level stripes are very off-putting. I've unravelled this and I think all three skeins will go to a weaving project one day in the future.



My next sock project is more successful.
Its for my daughter (so I reduced the stitch count, although I'm wondering if I reduced too much. I would like them to last more than a few months.) 


She picked the skein. Its the Sweet Georgia Snapdragon from the above selection. 


Its knitting up with pooling but she still likes it and its a fun mix of colour.



I didn't get to finish, but I cut some fabric for a summer dress. 


The fabric is a cotton-silk voile with a border print that I'll arrange to be at the hem.
I've cut Vogue V1351. I've made this dress before in Week 103, so I know my length adjustments.


I bought this very cute bracelet on Etsy. Its made from a recycled china teacup. I have a fondness for blue and white china and this was too pretty to ignore. 
The Etsy maker is 'StayGoldMaryRose' (I've linked her Etsy shop). Lots of very cute things!



My daughter is modelling this, it sits a little smaller on my adult wrist.



No comments:

Post a Comment