Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 133 : NY Cape in progress

I am almost finished a Tessuti NY cape. I used their wool knit "double tweeded check" which has worked really well. I had to be very careful of the fabric, it had a tendency to stretch more than a woven.


The wool binding I bought for the edging, in the end, wasn't used. It was the wrong shade of grey and especially when seen with the internal finishing on the hood.

The interior seams were bound with a simple fine cotton/poly bias binding instead (its unlined) and it was such a good effect and colour that I simple continued that for the front.







It has a hood and you can see the binding on the edges of the seams. Its a lovely finish.


I still need to buy buttons (a few on the front and one each to separate the 'sleeve' from the body. I think I'm going to go with a black. I can't find my leftover fabric otherwise I'd consider a self covered button.

No comments:

Post a Comment