This past fortnight I have made a sock. Singular as I still have to complete the second. But it is my very first completed sock and the first time I have constructed a heel. Also the first time I've had to graft stitches (for the toe). That isn't quite so neatly done and better not viewed in close up. I need more grafting practice (and to make myself a cheat sheet reminder so I know which step I'm up to).
I'm very happy with it though. The yarn is Schoppel-Wolle Admiral R Druck in a variegated blue. Learning to magic-loop made all the difference. I had tried socks before but that was with DPNs. The extra needles were fine if I was watching what i was doing but not convenient for my usual 'waiting in foyers' or 'supervising kids' sessions.
I immediately stashed a bit more sock yarn and have cast on another pair.
I finished two hats for my kids. Both are in Madelinetosh ASAP. The colours are 'Sun Rose' and 'Black Walnut'. I still have another two hats in the queue. 'Candlewick' and 'Vintage Sari' colours.
And then finally I saw some interesting jars in my not-so-local supermarket. They have a two part lid which I realised was exactly as I've seen on other "pincushion jars" in pinterst. I bought two boxes (of 12 and got to pincushioning. Its very quick to make when the lid already has the cutout.
These diamond pressed jars are smaller than the others Ive been making for my kids school fete. But I think for a very simplified sewing kit they might be very attractive.
I bought some larger jars as well, they have the same lid (so these are interchangeable) but the glass has a more prominent motif and also capacity measurement lines. I'm not sure if they'll look as good.
So I made them up and if we end up preferring the smaller jar, I'll switch everything around and keep the larger jars for jam and pickle making.