Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 128 : Blazing Desert Star

I have made some progress on the silk cashmere cardigan in the bright yellow Sundara Sport Silky Cashmere. I am about half way down the body.


I made time for a thorough sort of my craft room and dug out all the knitting wip. Frog or Finish! Some projects were unravelled and all 'keep' projects marked out of hibernation on ravelry.

Even though there were some long-forgotten projects which are deserving of attention, I cast on two new sweaters.

The first one is a sweater from the new Wendy Bernard book. Its a stitch dictionary and also a collection of patterns. This lace front sweater is called Checkerboard Mesh Pullover, although the pattern notes that many other charted (and written) lace panels in the book could be substituted. For my first version I'm following the pattern as written but I plan to be a bit more adventurous next time around.


The yarn is A Verb for Keeping Warm 'Metamorphosis' in the colour French Monks' Finest.


I cast on a second sweater too. This is a simple bottom up raglan. I hope it will be a basic straightforward knit. I haven't used this yarn before, its Plucky Bello in four taupe & brown colours.
They were bought as a gradient set and I will knit them progressively starting with the darkest.


I'm doing a simple 2x2 rib to the edges.



No sewing this week since my craft room was turned upside down. But I am still mucking around with jars and school fete ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment