Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Week 117 : Gift knitting

I have two baby cardigans to complete this week for twins born a few days ago. I have finished one and have just cast on the second.

Both patterns are Boy-o-boy.
Here is the first when it was about half way through.


The yarn is Evoke Whisper (Alpaca and silk) in a pale blue and grey variegation.

The second will be in Debbie Bliss Andes yarn (a very similar fibre content and gauge) but in a mid-denim blue colour. I bought buttons for both from All Buttons in Newtown today.

The next post will show both finished cardigans together.

The next gift is a scarf for a nine year old girl. I haven't met her but her mother said that she is obsessed with everything pink. I looked in my stash and found this skein.
Its Evoke/Pear Tree merino.


I'm doing a simple feather and fan pattern. I'm not sure how long this is going to be, the yardage is pretty generous on this skein. I might be knitting this too wide. Perhaps I should start again?
I'm hoping for enough to cross over at the front, otherwise I could turn it into a cowl.

Finally my Stasis sweater has progressed to the underarm. The yarn is Rowan Tweed and the colour work is in Noro Silk Garden. I had to make some adjustments to accommodate my DK gauge (the original is in fingering).


I have a big crafting project for my kids school, so my sewing projects have taken a back seat for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment