Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 116 : Travel cushion

This week's post is a little early. School holidays are about to start and I will be out of the city for the first half of next week.

My boy's chair cushion is a catch up post. I bought it as a fabric kit a few weeks ago. thinking it was a tea towel that I would sew into a cushion for him. It turned out to be a tote bag (which was still easy to unpick and sew).


I embroidered our two family holidays.
Sydney to Beijing in 2011 (red wool) and then Sydney to the US (orange wool)  (Nashville, Savannah, Chicago, Washington, NY) in 2013) I hope to be adding another stitched line in a different colour later this year.



I have cast on a new sweater. It is Stasis, knit in Rowan Tweed and the colour work will be in Noro Silk Garden. I have adjusted for the gauge a little as the original design is done in fingering and my yarn is DK. I hope to have pictures to show later next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment