Monday, February 24, 2014

Week 109 : Floral Pyjamas

I made some pyjamas. The fabric is a cotton knit with an organic cotton lace trim.



The fabric may be by Hilco (?) , sourced from Earth Girl fabrics. I've had it in stash for quite a while, thinking I had plenty of time to assemble a project. But now I realise if I'd left it any longer I might not have had enough.

The pattern is my own basic t-shirt and elastic topped wide leg shorts.


The neck, sleeves and shorts hem use the narrow lace trim. The bottom of the top, for a bit mor definition used some of the wider lace.

The lace was bought from Ecoyarns But it looks as though they no longer stock trims. Its a pity,  its much softer and prettier than many other commercial lace.




I finished Wonder and it is enormous. I think its oversized silhouette will be ok with skinny jeans and boots. But I have yet to try that out (and take photographs).
For now here is just the collar. The dress form doesn't really hold it well. It keeps sliding off.



No comments:

Post a Comment