Friday, January 3, 2014

Week One Hundred and Two

An early post because I'm in the city only for a day.

The finished Belladonna cardigan.


In daylight, the dye lot variation isn't as noticeable. The left sleeve is a bit more pronounced than the other pieces and its a bit 'stripy' in close up.
The buttons are shell, bought some time ago form All Buttons (sidebar link).



I modified this pattern extensively. It has a lot of length added. (only to below waist even though the dress form makes it look much longer) and the rib is carried throughout rather than just to bottom edges.




Here is the baby cardigan made a short while ago. The yarn is Debbie Bliss Andes in a  duck egg blue. The small plastic buttons are from stash.




While I was about it, I knit another using Mirasol Conanini yarn (60%cotton, 40%wool) for a baby yet to be born.



The buttons are from stash, I think I remember my daughter buying them. At the time I thought they were a little sparkly and glitzy  (exactly the qualities to appeal to an eight year old girl)  But on this cerise knit they are perfect.



Finally I have cast on another new project. This is a mohair and silk oversized sweater for me from the Autumn/Winter 2013 Pom Pom magazine. Its Garland and I have the Softrope Kidsilk lace in colour Conch.

I have ball wound the first skein and love the way the mohair has fuzzed up like a little cocoon in the centre.





No comments:

Post a Comment