Friday, August 23, 2013

Week Eighty Two : Update

Nothing knitting related (or even much sewing) but here is part of a "night-before" crafting project for my daughter's costume for her Book Week Parade.

She went as one of the fairies from the book series Rainbow Magic. I just had to help her with a pair of fairy wings.

I used some wire and shimmery polyester organza.

The wire is fairly heavy gauge, about as thick as a wire coat hanger. I loosely wrapped the fabric around (a little movement helps the shimmer effect).

There are two wings, an upper pointy "petal"with a lower more rounded section below.
Here is the right hand side wing (upper and lower) in construction.



I used a clear nylon thread to do a running stitch around and trimmed the excess fabric away afterwards.




We safety-pinned the wings to her school blazer. Here she is, a quick photograph before she got ready with her other costume bits (which were from her own crafting).


1 comment:

  1. What fabulous wings. Makes me a bit sad that my fairy making days look like they are over.

    ReplyDelete