Sunday, August 25, 2013

Week Eighty Three

I went looking for the Sundara yarn for my daughters "school camp sweater" and whilst digging through the stash I discovered a quantity of Debbie Bliss Rialto yarn which was bought some time ago for the Fairisle Yoke Cardigan. I will have to get to the elusive Sundara Aran Merino later because I really need to knit this cardigan before my daughter outgrows the yarn quantity!

Also, it is a very cute cardigan!

I have cast it on and completed the back (up to the yoke). It is knitting quickly and it is quite refreshing to knit something which does not require me to alternate hand dyed yarns.


I'm doing the age 7-8 size (because my experience with Debbie Bliss patterns is they tend to run large) but I am knitting the lengths to the 9-10 size.  

The knitting needles are Dyakcraft. 


My previous post mentioned the Lightweight Pullover I'm knitting in the Fibre Company's Meadow yarn. Here is my progress, I am a short way into the yoke increases. 




The needles are Knitpro but in a black stain. 
The stitch marker which shows the end of round came in a set of 5 from Jimmy Beans Wool. They are by VictoriaS. I can't find a current stockist for them - so they might be discontinued. They are made of polymer clay and whilst large enough to be a good marker, they are not heavy which would be a nuisance to knit with. The raglan increase points are marked with "safety pins". Ones I've accumulated as they have a rounded end which slides easily over my needles.

I'm such a sucker for accessories and I like to coordinate them to my projects.


For a little crafty refreshment I pulled out a cross stitch kit. I bought this at Morris & Sons sale some time ago. Its colours suggest it will end up in my daughters bedroom.

I have sorted out the yarn into colour groups because it came packed with all the colours intermingled. 
I can only work on this in daylight as some of the colours are otherwise hard to tell apart.




No comments:

Post a Comment