Monday, March 11, 2013

Week Sixty

I am still knitting Flo and only about half way up the second sleeve. There is a long way still to go before I can start the the ruffles for the front.

But this weekend I sewed a dress.


This wool tweed has been in the stash for at least two years. In the spirit of stash-reduction I pulled it out and looked at what i could make.
I bought it originally from Tessuti for a skirt. I think might have been a remnant, because its longer than I would have bought for a skirt but not enough for a sleeved dress. Also I wouldn't normally buy purple for myself, I don't have shoes or much in the wardrobe to wear with it.




I was able to squeeze a sleeveless shift dress out with careful cutting using my current favourite, Vogue V8319.

Its not (yet) lined. I have some lightweight purple silk I can use.
It has turned out to be the nicest shift dress I've made. As i said, its just a pity its purple as there isn't anything in my wardrobe that could go as a cardigan coverup for cooler autumn days.

I suppose I could knit something.

This Swans Island Worsted merino is in the stash. Its a very pretty companion if I can find a pattern which works with my gauge and yarn quantity.


Whilst digging in the stash I got the last of the white cotton knit. I cut and broadly assembled one dress for my daughter. Its white today but over the next few days I'm going to use up the last of the dye in the tie-dye kit.

I also made myself a quick white t-shirt. Apologies for the picture.. a quick iphone snap as I didn't have my camera with me this weekend.



The next couple of weeks will have less opportunities for sewing. There is more building and maintenance works scheduled. So everything will be put away until Easter.

But less sewing means more knitting and I want to do a few embroidery trials for the Fendi bag too.

No comments:

Post a Comment