Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week Fifty Nine

Knitting on Flo continues. I have finished the first sleeve, which looks like a longer piece of knitting to last week and I'm starting the second sleeve. It will be at least another couple of weeks before I have anything new to photograph on that project.

No sewing this weekend.


Yesterday I collected my two cross stitch projects from Morris & Sons.
They took my canvases and assembled them into cushions.

Love Tattoo is done!
And the red velvet piping (and backing) looks fantastic.


The zip closure is hidden in the lower edge.

Here is a close up of the edge.


The cross stitch kit came from Emily Peacock Designs and is called Love Tattoo. I can recommend it. The design is printed on a chart and is easy to follow. I prefer stitching on a blanck canvas using a separate chart over stitching on a printed canvas (as my butterfly framed project is). There is no need for judgement when print lines don't exactly line up with the canvas intersections.


My daughter now has another cushion for her room too.


I chose a powder pink velvet piping and backing for her cushion.



I bought this cross stitch kid from a wide selection at Morris & Sons. It was a preprinted canvas, although in this case it wasn't inconvenient to stitch as the stitch gauge was quite large. Overall this was a quick project.

1 comment: