Monday, December 17, 2012

Week Forty Eight

First week of school holidays.

Kissing Hearts Dress
The navy and white Kissing Hearts dress, which I will wear with a narrow belt.
The belt isn't shown here because I was out of the city when I took the photograph.


Here it is full length. I will still wear it without a belt on a very hot day.


Feathered Army dress
This dress is also finished and goes well with its pale leather belt.




Only one more dress still to finish from my previous weeks cutting session. The silk jersey Water Splash.


Baby Cardigan
I finally finished the baby gift cardigan. (Ravelry link) I found the plastic buttons in stash and secured them with strong DMC stranded cotton. The pattern is Boy-O-Boy from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders.



I made a few modifications. I upped the stitch counts to account for my DK gauged yarn, so that I would still have a 3-6 month size. I also picked the sleeve stitches up from the armhole edge and knit down in plain reverse stockinette. I did this so I would get a very neat seam. I though this yarn was hard to get a good finish with, and a ribbed cast off edge would pose particular trouble.

If I had knitted the slip rib downwards, the stitch 'arrows' would have faced the wrong direction. Although I did consider that briefly.



I giftwrapped it in tissue and a white glossy box with this cute cherub print ribbon.



Blue Gingham Sweater
I cast on a new sweater. The yarn is Madelinetosh Merino Light in the colour Blue Gingham. Its the first time for me with this yarn, although I've used their DK version before. I am very impressed with the lustre and stitch definition. Its beautiful.



I am also using my new Knitters Pride interchangebale needles in black (with silver connectors and black cable). Its a limited edition set from Jimmy Beans Wool.
I am a sucker for pretty knitting needles.


Christmas Dress
My young daughter is getting a Christmas dress.
The printed cotton and buttons were bought at a local fabric shop. I meant only to buy some thread but shopping with a small enthusiastic girl often involves extra purchases.


I think it will be a simple, sleeveless dress with the buttons as an embellishment to the front.
Probably my go-to Burda pattern. Its number 9885 and can be seen here. My paper pattern is too small for my daughter now but it is a simple pattern to upsize, especially as I won't be doing sleeves and will just finish the armholes and neckline with bias binding.


Holiday Blog Posting
We are going out of the city for Christmas so I may not be posting next week. However, I will be filling my camera up with images for a bumper post the following week!

I have another project still to add to this weeks blog entry. I will post it later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment