I finished my daughter's 'Christmas Dress'. A simple Burda sleeveless pattern (as I posted last week) with the front pleats. I decided against using the buttons she had purchased, they wouldn't show up on the fabric. Instead I dug in the notions box and found some red and white striped ribbon and a little rosette for embellishment. Red bias binding for the neckline but I got impaitent and just did a simple stitched hem for the armholes.
Her doll got a Christmas dress too.
I made up the pattern (such as it is) myself a while ago. Just a very wide front piece and two back pieces with a dart/pleat at the centre front.
I overlocked all the raw edges and then machine stitched braid over the neck and armholes. One of my daughter's special christmassy bells buttons at the waist.
Then we made a very quick improvement on her denim jacket. Like garments before, she wouldn't wear this because it was too "boyish". We bought a handful of iron on badges.
Flowers, butterflies and a Tinkerbelle. Of course the doll's jacket was included.
Here's the original.
Here are the finished jackets. I think this is just a start, I'm hoping that now she feels 'ownership' of this jacket she will be more adventurous.
This will be grown out of next year, the next jacket I might be able to encourage her into fabric painting.
I finished the silk jersey "Water Splash" dress for myself. I think it might be my favourite. The fabric drapes wonderfully. I missed a close up.
I have made good progress on the Love Tattoo cross stitch. This photograph shows it almost at 50%.
It is missing five plain rows at the bottom (which I'm leaving until last) and a little bit of infil at the side banner.
This coming week I hope to have the lettering and the whole banner complete.
Only a little knitting and not much to show. When I'm back in the city next week, I will have more knitting focus.