Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week Forty Two

I made another iPhone case. This time with a motif from Caroline Vincent's Sampler Workbook.


Here is a view of the reverse. I tried to keep things reasonably neat.
I used my embroidery threads as follows:
  • Birds DMC924 (dark) and Anchor 850
  • Pears DMC975 (dark) and DMC782
  • Oranges DMC972
  • Branches DMC3347




I tried the reverse of tie-dye on some dark blue t-shirt cotton for myself. Instead of dye, I used bleach. I still have to sew this together, and it needs a solid ironing but for an experiment it is quite good.




I made substantial progress on the sleeve of the Edge Hoodie in the bluegrass Savannah yarn from last week but I have decided to unravel and destash the yarn. The colour and heatheriness of the yarn isn't what I had in mind for this.

This week I am going to make an effort to finish my Antique Lace Emelie cardigan, which is wanting only the button bands. Very close to finished.
Also, keep knitting on the Flo cardigan and my little boy's brown Sundara merino sweater.

I have some grey dye which I am going to experiment with using some white cotton.

Next weekend should see me returned to my craft room and playing with my sewing machines.

1 comment: