Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week Forty One - Updated

I'm back with photographs.

I cast on Flo by Kim Hargreaves with my dark blue pashmina yarn. Much as I loved the Reine cardigan I planned for last week, once I downloaded the pattern details I thought it might not be suited to my yarn.

Plus, dark blue is part of my daughters school uniform. Since I spend a lot of time in junior school, I didn't want to be too similar to her dark blue collarless blazer.

I have had Flo in my queue for a few years now. I originally bought it as a kit (with dark red cashsoft yarn). Then I thought I'd use grey Blue Sky Alpacas Silky Alpaca.

I'm very happy with this now. I haven't picked the contrast colour yet, I have a lot of kidsilk haze in stash and will probably go with either a pale grey or cream.



My next project cast on is Edge Hoodie by Veronik Avery. I bought this Fibre Company Savannah a while back. The colour is 'Bluegrass'. I'm still not 100% on this yarn and pattern selection, although i do know it will be a sweater. The direction may change once I've finished the first sleeve. The photograph isn't great, I'm reading it off a downladed PDF on my iPad.



Finally, I am still exiled from my craft room, but I unpacked some embroidery threads and an iPhone case.


I got the motif from this book. It promises 2 hour cross stitch. Which turned out to be pretty close to time.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment