Monday, August 13, 2012

Week Thirty

I have made good progress on Annabelle.

The body is cast off and I'm working on the sleeves. It has been a long boring knit (even though its been only a couple of weeks of part time knitting). I'm also finding garter stitch plus 6.5mm needles hard on the hands. It has confirmed my decision to destash a lot of yarn at this gauge.



I bought some carved pearl buttons.


Then I finished the fiery teeshirt.




My boy got his pyjama top finished. Its big on him but intended for next winter anyway as the cotton knit has a cosy brushed reverse side.

Apologies for the lack of detail images and the one with the vacuum cleaner in the foreground. Eight year old boys don't like photographers and I have to take the opportunity when it arises. The fabric can be seen in the post of Week Twenty Eight.




Finally I did a little fabric stash sorting and found two silk lengths perfect for summer shift dresses.

This black and white silk called Hitchcock's Birds (for obvious reasons)



And this too. I can't remember what its called, it came from Tessuti Fabrics some time ago.
It also happens to be a perfect with my new four skeins of Wollmeise yarn. In the new "Ooohm" colorway. I think a fingering gauged cardigan would be perfect.







No comments:

Post a Comment