Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week Twenty Six

This is the last full week of school holidays, unfortunately with a lot of family matters to attend to. I haven't as much craft accomplishment as I had hoped.

 
Brigid cardigan:
Brigid cardigan is assembled and now only requires sleeves. I have both sleeves started and need to weigh my remaining yarn, divide into two and see how long I can keep knitting.

 

 

 

 
I've decided I won't be going past 3/4 sleeves as I want this to be a cardigan I can wear with a Spring dress. This one in fact. made from a cotton and silk voile and lined with silk.

 

 

 
Its my basic Vogue shift dress pattern. V8683. But as it was the first, its not a great fit. It could afford to be a little slimmer fitting. Partly because I sewed it that way not knowing how it would wear and allowing enough ease to adjust later. (Then I didn't adjust as much as I could have)  but also the voile lined with silk creates more voluminous fabric.

It was a dilemma, it would look better without a lining, but it would be too transparent to wear. I left it in the wardrobe wondering what to do, but I see it is such a nice match for this yarn it might be fine worn with the cardigan.

 

 
Pyjamas:
In week thirteen, I finished a pyjama top with some Oliver + S cotton interlock. I finally got around to making some matching pyjama shorts. I made two identical pairs using up all my pink fabric.
Its traced from an exiting pair of shorts. I shortened them to calf length and flared them out for a little girly style.

 

 
I still have some green polkadot cotton interlock to make up also from Oliver + S. The green will look lovely when matched with pink in the top or shorts.

(I bought my Oliver + S fabric from Zigo Zago)

 
The week ahead: (Back to school)
  • Finish Brigid.
  • Continue the lightweight sweater to get the body cast off and the sleeves started.
  • I have traced a pinafore pattern from my latest issue of Ottobre Kids magazine, Autumn 2012.
  • If I can find some lightweight denim I will cut that out and choose a cotton print for the facings.
  • I have bought some Hilco cotton knit fabric to make some pyjamas for my son so I will be tracing a pattern for those too. I shopped with Earth Girl Fabrics (sidebar link) and was delighted to see that they stock some high quality cotton knit fabrics from Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden (plus more).

No comments:

Post a Comment