- Sleeves in 4x4 rib, full length.
- Back and fronts (either side of cable panel) also in 4x4 rib.
- The front button bands and neckline band at a much tighter gauge.
- Amending stitch counts.
I continued to knit on Lightweight Pullover in the Sundara Worsted Silky Alpaca 'Rhythm of the Saints' colour. I still have a way to go on the body. I have decided to omit the ribbing.
And I also knit a little on my Larch Cardigan. Also Sundara yarn, but Sport Merino in the colour 'Arabian Nights'.
Then I did a little bit of sewing. I made some pyjama pants for my nine year old boy. This cotton knit fabric is very soft with a brushed finish to the reverse side. Its by Hilco and I bought it from Earth Girl Fabrics. I cut out a tshirt top too, but I still have to sew it.
I cut out the green polkadot Oliver + S knit fabric the previous week for two pairs of pyjama tops and bottoms for my daughter. I still have to sew them up but I bought some white ricrac edging from a local fabric store.
Finally, I dug deeply in the yarn stash. I pulled four colours of Rowan All Seasons Cotton for kids sweaters.
The first time I used this yarn, my boy was in preschool. He lost his jumper but we found it a week later buried in the sandpit, once washed it was as good as new. This is a very hardwearing yarn.
The soft pink is for my daughter. A simple sweater with some texture or cables and set in sleeves.
- The variegated pink is for a poncho like sweater, also for my daughter.
- The blue grey is for a plain raglan sweater for my boy.
- The red is also for my boy, but I might add a few stripes.
Knitting with 5mm needles will be refreshing for the next few weeks. Most of my recent knitting has been on 3.5 or 3.75mm.