Sunday, June 17, 2012

Week Twenty Two

Lotus Tee is finished.


I have completed the additional embroidery (the vines underneath the flower motif) and woven in all the loose ends. I decided not to do the i-cord finishing to the edges as I thought it would be too heavy for my own preference for a "luxury"-tshirt. instead on the neckline I did three stockinette rounds and bound off with a larger needle. The cuffs and bottom hem are left to naturally curl.



My photographs don't show much of the embroidery detail, but the vine is backstitch and there are random 'french knots' for texture.


I also made up a skirt in this silk tweed from stash. My dress form suggests its longer than it is. It measures to my knee. I'm hoping it will be a good piece to wear with some of my knit cardigans.



I have mentioned this fabric before. Its started out as a dress concept, but on cutting I realised it wasn't going to work so well with the matching of the stripes, so i repurposed my pieces into a simple a-line skirt with a back zip. It Is cut from Vogue 8667, view A.



The a-line diagonal lines are hidden by the two front pleats. I love this fabric, although it was very dificult to work with. It frayed if I so much as looked at it. I overlocked everything and then assembled.


Its lined with cream silk.




The coming week is the last week of term. I'm going to be very busy, but hope to make progress on the pale 'anenome' Brigid cardigan I started last week. I've finished the back and most of one sleeve and am about to start one of the cabled fronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment