Monday, April 23, 2012

Week Fourteen

Week fourteen now with photographs! I managed a little work-around. The laptop is still iffy but I managed to extract my camera pictures another way.

This week I made a new dress for my daughter. The same principle as the red polka dot top, but longer and better gathered. It's in a turquoise and again with the Oliver + S cotton interlock.





 I also made two teeshirts for myself. One a blue grey wool jersey from Tessuti called "Clouded Water Snakes" and a second 100% silk jersey in a natural taupe. Here are the fabrics.





Since I was on a roll with the tops,  I also cut into a fabulous black jersey with cascading grey rose motifs running from one selvedge to another. It was unfortunate to find I'd cut the sleeves upside down to the pattern direction. But, thankfully, I was on the phone to Tessuti straightaway and they were quick to send me additional fabric. Hopefully I'll finish this top next weekend. This photograph was taken before I cut into the fabric. I was trying to decide which way to run the pattern.



I'm still without my beloved 25 year old Elna sewing machine. It's been away now for almost five weeks. I am promised its return next week. This break we've been on has been good for getting to know the overlocker machine. I am embarrassed to say I've had it for quite a while and it took an enforced separation from my regular machine for me to try it out.

I've still been knitting and making progress on Emelie, the green malachite cardigan. I've finished both lace detailed fronts and am working on the back. This is plain knitting and I hope will go quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment