Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week Ten

I can finally post finished pictures of the Washington Scarf now that I know it has been received.
I gift wrapped it in in a gold box with bronze coloured ribbon.




I also finished my so-called Lightweight Sweater. Which despite the pattern's name, in my version is not so light. I modified it with a heavier gauged yarn, I omitted all the ribbing and I upsized it to  a relazed slouchy fit.


The softness of the angora yarn is wonderful.



The school Easter Hat Parade is only a week away and so the kids and I had a paper crafting weekend.

Firstly the Easter Hat for my six year old daughter.

We started with a purchased cardboard top hat. I made a rough bird's nest on top whilst she shredded paper and painted (polysterene) eggs and found lots of little yellow bits from the craft box. The nest is a scrunched paper ring with tufts of cut fringed paper and yellow feathers and twiggy bits all from the craft box. Lots and lots of PVA glue was involved. Scrunched brown paper is in the middle.


We painted the pink hat underneath green. She cut out leaves from assorted green craft paper and we stuck lots with paper flowers (reclaimed from a cheap garland) and some  purchased chicks and bunnies all around the brim.




For my eight year old boy the hat concept was very different.

He said he wanted a helmet based on the one from his favourite 'Beast Quest' books.

So I made up a simple gold cardboard frame for him to decorate.

Then he asked for a "beak". which should have alerted me that the design concept was moving on ahead of me.

He stickytaped "teeth" and the red cello in the 'mouth' and then he started gluing on red feathers.... At this point I caught up with him and helped with coverage.

And I now know that this is a mask for 'Epos The Flame Bird'. (Book number six in the book series)



I may not be sewing but some fabric has entered the household. This screenprinted panel from Kristen Doran. 'Eva and Kit Crochet Squares'. I plan to make a cushion cover with it.
This will coordinate with other fabrics, some I have and some I'm waiting on delivery. This will include more linen for pillows and some screenprinted linen from Melbourne Designer Shannon Lamden for the quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment