Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week Seven

A busy week spend mostly away from home. I travelled and whilst waiting for things, caught up with the easier project knitting.

I made good progress on the sweater in Aslan Trends Invernal. Its not quite knitted according to the Lightweight Pullover pattern. I've omitted the ribbing and changed the gauge. I've also added a lot more ease given that this angora yarn seemed to want to be a loose slouchy pullover.
I'm two thirds of the way down the first sleeve, then I have to take up the stitches on the second and carry that down to the same length. I'm casting off to a simple rolled edge.


I cast on the sleeve for Lotus Tee, to check my gauge and determine I had everything I need. Most of this sweater is straightforward stockinette, so it will be a good carry-along project.

I knitted on the red Washington Scarf too. But other than being longer than the previous photograph, there's not much more to show. (Plus I don't want to give too much detail away whilst its recipient might be watching!)

No sewing but I sorted out the stash and set aside this Silk Tweed Dress. Its cut out, I hope to start assembly next weekend. The fabric is a silk tweed bought locally. Its still very beautiful, but it is a practice run. I've cut to match the strong pattern which took up quite a bit of time.


I'm combining two Vogue Options patterns, the top marked from the pattern on the left with the raised collar and 3/4 sleeves, but with the fuller skirt of the pattern on the right hand side.
If this pattern works out well I have invested in some really beautiful wool tweed.

No comments:

Post a Comment