Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week Three

First week of school term is now over. I was very busy, I kept putting off Candlewick's knitting with its counted stitches and charts in favour of the easy repetition of the Lightweight Pullover in Invernal. I covered lots of books in sticky plastic and made plans for new joinery.

A small craft inspired repair. My daughters school bag has a side pocket where she puts her water bottle. It had a hole and wouldn't hold the bottle any more. So in the last few weeks of term she would put her bottle inside her bag instead. Six year old girls don't always tighten the bottle top and the books get soggy.



Since a new school bag with the official school crest is about AU$70, I was inspired to repair it.
I used lots of ribbon and braid offcuts threaded through the mesh and tied off. A little blue sparkly stitch marker was tied into the mix for "extra beauty".



I finished the shift dress with the Banana Gate silk and cotton voile.



With the leftovers I made a simple tie top for my daughter. The good thing about this top (or dress version) is that as she gets taller it will still fit. At the moment the ties are hitched right up to the maximum.





Thinking about casting on  Rose and Cross Pullover by Kristin Spurkland using this Road to China Light yarn.
Colours as follows:
Main colour- Carnelian.
Contrast colours- Autumn Jasper, Riverstone and Peridot



I made banana and raisin cupcakes.



Craft activity this week is to knuckle down to the Candlewick cardigan yoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment