Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week Four

A very busy week and only a few little craft accomplishments.

I completed the detailed yoke of the Gnarled Oak cardigan in Madeline Tosh Pashmina (Candlewick colour). I have a few plain rows to cast off the neckline, then button bands and seaming the sleeves which I knitted flat.
Next week I will shop for buttons.



I made a very quick cushion with a panel of screen printed linen by Australian textile artist Kristen Doran. This print is called "Winters Nest".
(The cushion behind it was assembled some months ago and is covered with a vintage 1970s fabric.



I shopped online for fabric for my daughters bedroom. She is going to have a wall of deep bookshelves (which hopefully will help things stay tidier) and two large wall panels covered in the bold floral "Rose Ruby" linen fabric produced by the Sydney design company Cloth Australia.

She will also have a plain pinboard covered in the background natural linen.
Then I bought short pieces of both the coordinating "Stoney Ruby" print and the "Pod Ruby" prints for miscellaneous cushions and upholstery bits. (Which I'm still to think about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment