Monday, January 23, 2012

Week One








This is the last week of the school holidays. Thursday is the Australia Day public holiday, so we're leaving the city for a long weekend up at the beach.





I plan to continue knitting on my Gnarled Oak Cardigan with Madtosh Pashmina in Candlewick. I have back, sleeves and almost done with the fronts. I'm knitting flat in pieces, aiming to get to the yoke joining by end of Wednesday for yoke knitting over the weekend.

I also plan to finish sewing this simple cotton dress for my six year old daughter. I wasn't planning on buying the fabric but she was shopping with me and the hot pink floral called to her. It's a sleeveless dress with a back zipper. To finish, all I need is some bright yellow thread to sew down the bias edging. The extra fabric is set aside because she's hoping I'll make a matching dress for her 18" doll.

Yarn arrived this past week, so I'll ball wind this lovely Madtosh Pashmina in Ink.
I think it wants to be a cardigan, so I'll be browsing patterns!




































1 comment:

  1. tada! and what a great week to start with ;-) candlewick and ink are both gorgeous - they're going to be beautiful cardigans - and your little one is a very lucky girl. fabulous, as always ♥

    ReplyDelete